This morning I woke up to an email that my last blog post had a comment. When I investigated, I had the pleasant surprise to find that Stephanie Verni has kindly bestowed The Versatile Blogger Award to Container Chronicles. You can see Stephanie’s website at Steph’s Scribe.. Stephanie wrote Beneath the Minosa Tree, which earned a Bronze medal in the Annual Readers Favorite Awards Contest for 2012, top in its category for Contemporary Romance.
I am grateful and excited about this award, and now it’s my turn to recognize seven other blogs that I believe are worthy of The Versatile Blogger Award. Some of these blogs I have been following for a while, others just a short time. I like the community spirit among bloggers, and the wonderful variety of ideas, writing, photos, and other bits of creativity we share. The other “requirement: is that I share seven things about myself.
First, my nominees for The Versatile Blogger Award:
Victoria Grefer of Creative Writing with the Crimson League
Joycelyn at Farther to Go!
Christy Birmingham at Poetic Parfait
JannaT at JannaTWrites
Sharon Maxwell at Crafting in Portugal
Rachel at Stitched in Color
Sirak at Sirak98Poetry
And now for seven things about me:
1. I’ve always been a cat person, but now have an 8-year old chihuahua that was rescued from the streets. She kind of acts like a cat.
2. I once took Amtrak from Chicago to Albuquerque and back again. Had the chance to get a discount on a sleeper car. It was such a great way to travel.
3. I also like traveling by ferry. When I lived in Seattle, it was great to take the ferry to Victoria, BC or to Bremerton and back. My main travel goal is to do an Alaskan cruise.
4. When my two oldest children were small, we once moved 5 times in 2 and 1/2 years. I wouldn’t recommend it.
5. I once actually did karoke in Japan.
6. There is an Italian restaurant near where I live in Taiwan, in which the the owner and I love to joke with each other. She and I dance and sing to various songs, such as Careless Whisper. We have even done this when the restaurant is full of customers. And yes, we’ve been applauded.
7. In addition to teaching Taiwanese university students, I am in the middle of a three week intensive English program for visiting Japanese university students. I’m in charge of the writing portion of the program. I’m having a great time with the visiting students (and my regular ones).
Best wishes to all the nominees and thanks again to Stephanie for nominating me for this award.