Thank you to Shaun at Looking for Reasoning to a Complicated World for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I am thrilled to have this nomination and to have the opporunity to share it with other bloggers as well. Thanks, Shaun!
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Seven things about myself:
1. In January of last year, we adopted a rescue dog, a chihuahua. Truth be told, she acts more like a cat than a dog, but I wouldn’t trade her for the world. Besides, I love cats. I always thought I’d never have a dog, but here she is!
2. My maternal grandmother taught me to knit, and a college roommate taught me to crochet.
3. For many years, I was a traveling piano teacher, going from house to house. Some weeks, I had as many as 55 lessons.
4. I took ballet lessons for two years, in the third and fourth grades. In the fifth grade, my parents gave me a choice to continue dance or start piano lessons. If you wonder what my choice was, see #3.
5. My first plane trip was when I was 18. I flew from Boston (where I was attending a music conference) back home in Michigan (where I was going to play the music for a friends’ wedding).
6. I have eaten stinky tofu (a question asked of foreigners in Taiwan quite often). It’s not bad. I don’t seek it out, but I don’t really mind it.
7. My favorite movie of all time is The Wizard of Oz. I’ve watched it countless times, along and with others.
Now to nominate 15 other blogs.
I know some people accept and some don’t. For me, I love this part of community building and discovering what other bloggers are doing. So, here are 15 fellow bloggers I would like to nominate.
1. Sue Vincent at Daily Echo
2. Kate Ruiz at SincerelyKate
3. Stephanie Verni at Steph’s Scribe
4. Rick Mallery at Power Shorts Daily
5. Joycelyn Campbell at give me a daisy
6. Megan Halvorson at MegGoesNomNom
7. Penelope Jones at Bad Penny’s always to blame
8. Michelle Dicken at And That’s All She Wrote
9. Stephanie Verni at Steph’s Scribe
10, Janine Russell There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. –Ernest Hemingway
11. 52 Brand New
12. Fabulous 50’s
15.80% Coffee & A Little Bit of Sass
Congratulations to all the nominees and thanks again to Shaun. Looking forward to seeing more of your blogging activities.
Hi Deborah – Congratulations on your award! I really appreciate you nominating me…but your visits are my reward! Thanks again! Sending peace…xoxox ~Sherry~
Thanks for your response, Sherry! I just wanted you to know how much I enjoy your blog! Best wishes! 🙂
Pingback: I’m Inspiring AND Inspired! | And That's All She Wrote!
Congratulations Deborah! I remembered that you were a piano teacher. You know, most of my piano teachers, while growing up, came to my house. I wish they’d still do what you used to do. Actually, I wish you lived close enough and I’d even go to your house! lol You seem like such a sweet person and someone I’d be proud to know in REAL life 🙂
Thanks for considering me! Here’s the link to my post:
First…THANK YOU!!!! Awards give me warm fuzzies!
Pingback: Freedom of Speech | Sincerely Kate