It is with mixed feelings that I accept my final blogging award. I’ve come to realize that in spite of the great connections that come about through these awards, I can’t do justice to everything. I appreciate all of my friends in the land of blogs, and look forward to spending my time doing more reading and writing. So you will still see me, just not on award pages. That being said, I’d like to thank http://parttimemonster.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for the Sunshine Award.
1. Nominate 10 other blogs 2. Write 11 facts about yourself.
ELEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME
I. I finally have some quilting back in my life. I just finished a quilt top for my daughter, and I’m starting a wall hanging for a coffee-shop/restaurant around the corner from our apartment.
2. I have made the decision to return to the US in the summer of 2015.
3. Even though it’s lots of work, I love teaching writing to students who are learning English as a second language.
4. I am going to de-clutter my apartment in the next 3 months. There I said it in public. 🙂
5. I am reimaging my life so that I spend less time doing things that keep me busy and more time doing things that make a difference.
6. I’m constructing a short bucket list for 2014 of some fun and inspiring things I want to do. Among them: flying a kite, riding a gondola, and singing karaoke.
7. My grandson, Mr. Logan, turns 3 this week! WOW! Where does the time go?
8. My husband and I are going on an overnight trip to southern Taiwan later this week. It’s the first time I’ve been to southern Taiwan, even though I’ve been here four years already. This is a mistake that needs to be corrected. 🙂
9. I have a countdown (or rather a count-up) to the day I turn 60. I started when it was 600 days. It’s now at 485.
10. I thought I wanted to explore photography, since I find it intriguing when others do it, but I finally realized that I have so many interests, that I need to leave photography to others. Luckily, my husband doesn’t mind doing photos for me. 🙂
11. This is probably the last award I’m going to accept. They are too time-consuming, and they take away from doing the writing I really should be doing. I like letting people know I appreciate them, but I think I’m going to just make a point to try to get around to people’s blogs and do commenting instead. 🙂
Here are the ten blogs I want to nominate for the Sunshine Award. Some of them are newly discovered, while others have been recently (re)discovered.
I was also nominated for three awards by http://cupitonians.wordpress.com/2013/12/15/rewarded/. Versatile Blogger, Dragon’s Loyalty Award, and the Imagine Award. I received an additional nomination for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award from http://holley4734.wordpress.com/2014/01/05/dragons-loyalty-award/. I deeply appreciate their friendship and support, and I hope they both understand when I say that I have formally accepted my last award. I’ve included them in my nominations above because they are both very special to me, and I love reading their blogs.
Congratulations to the nominees. I hope you can accept this award, but if not, know that I sincerely appreciate getting to know you through your blogs. Thanks again to http://parttimemonster.wordpress.com for this nomination.