Entrance to BK Bakery (Photo Credit: Deborah Kraklow)
Change, where does that word lead me?
Where does change lead in general? To something different. If no change, things will stay the same. And the same is not good. Not at this time.
I need images. I need focus. I need to change the way I think about lots of things.
Things I want to change, in no particular order.
- I want to change my work area to be more inviting and productive.
- I want to change my work schedule to be more productive.
- I want to change the details of some of my projects so that they are more streamlined and take less thinking.
- I want to just sit down and work without having to juggle moving targets.
- I want to change my hair style.
- I want to change the way I feel.
- I want to change the way I spend my free time.
- I want to change the fact that I work too many hours.
- I want to change some of my habits.
- I want to discover what I truly want.
- I want to change my life so that its focus is on what I really want.
- I want to redirect the time I spend on things that aren’t really important to me to things that are.
- I want to spend more time on my blog.
- I want to spend more time on quilting.
My first step is going to be to change the way I work. So that I can be more effective in less time.
I will also keep working to change the way I think about things so that I avoid defeatist thinking and behavior and continue to move forward.
This is part of of SofCS: http://lindaghill.wordpress.com/2014/05/02/the-friday-reminder-and-prompt-for-socs-may-314/
If you’d like to join in, here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” or “Begin with the word ‘The’.”
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people will come and read your post! The way to ping back, is to just copy and paste the URL of my post somewhere on your post. Then your URL will show up in my comments, for everyone to see. For example, in your post you can copy and paste the following: “This post is part of SoCS: http://lindaghill.wordpress.com/2014/05/02/the-friday-reminder-and-prompt-for-socs-may-314/ ” The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. Have fun!