Anyone who has read more than one or two of my blog posts knows that coffee in one form or another is something I’m always thankful for. There have even been posts about specific coffee places I’ve visited. Since several of the items in my Ten Things of Thankful post this week are related to Pisces Coffee, I’m including a few pictures that my husband took while we were there.
- I am thankful for Pisces Coffee Shop, especially because it is part of my summer exercise routine AND a place where I can get a coffee reward for completing the exercise routine. WIN! Initially, it was my goal to walk the ten minutes there — with coffee and work tasks during my visit — and then walk the ten minutes home at least three times a week. With such a good system in place, it’s often closer to 5 days a week. Of course, when the semester starts in full swing, I will be going less, but I plan to keep it as part of my fitness/productivity plan. BONUS: During those weeks when we didn’t have air conditioning at home, I was especially thankful that they have air conditioning. It is an excellent place to go and “chill out” while getting some work done. They also have Wi-Fi!
- I am thankful for my former students who become friends. This week, Lynn — one of the few lucky students who had me for TWO courses last semester — met me at Pisces on Wednesday. We had a lovely time catching up and learning more about one another. We have both been involved in Summer Camps this year, so we had lots to talk about.
- I’m thankful that my current hassles with my leg infection are under control. As a result, I’ve been cleared to return to Curves to resume my regular exercise program for August. I had been going from November of 2013 until the end of April of this year, before the doctors told me to stop. So I’m glad to be able to go back. And yes, we have Curves in Taiwan! 🙂
- I am thankful that I not only maintained the weight loss I’ve had since November of 2013, but during July, I lost an additional 3 pounds. This was great, considering that I wasn’t going to Curves for the last three months. That was when I had substituted the walking to Pisces, along with continuing to watch what I eat. The goal was to maintain, so when I lost a little more, I was very pleased. I am optimistic that I’ll see a boost in the rate of loss when I resume my Curves schedule. I will keep up the walking as well. The combo should be awesome.
- I am thankful that we finally have our new air-conditioner. Our landlord arranged to have it installed last week, and it’s been wonderful to be able to sleep comfortably again.
- I am thankful that I still have six weeks left to tackle several major projects on my to-do list before my teaching schedule starts up again.
- I am thankful that in spite of my recent lethargy, I’ve been able to maintain daily blog posts for nearly two weeks. I am also thankful for all the people who follow me and who let me know what they’re thinking. The connections I’ve made on WordPress are really helping me feel stronger. Sometimes, when nothing else seems to get me moving, I feel that there are people out there waiting for me to post something. And it works! 🙂
- I am thankful that my husband found an ironing board at a consignment shop for half the price of a new one.
- I am thankful that we are setting up a different workspace for me. BONUS: I can sew in the air-conditioned bedroom!
- I am thankful that I have a whole fresh month ahead of me, a chance to start again. Let’s hear it for August!
And one more photo: Here I am outside of Pisces. I have been successful at avoiding this lovely pastry window MOST of the time. I gave in once when my husband offered to get me a treat (and give the owners some extra business) in exchange for their ongoing kindnesses to me. 🙂